Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wooly toes

Hey Everybody!

     I have been pretty busy lately with all of my class homework. Much going on in my life at this time, however I enjoy the challenge. One of the classes I enjoy the most is my sculpture class, which is where I release built up energy from the frustrations of student life. This week here at Dine College we are having an art show this week I will post the flier. There is an artist that will be there discussing his work and would like to attend. However, I have plans and won't be able to attend the art show in the evening.
      In my personal time I have been work on learning how to spin my own yarn and can't wait to start. So over the past weekend I went to the hardware store and had to find material to construct my own first spindle. I do enjoy working with wood and the material I am using to construct the spindle is oak. This is going to be a first for me, so I will be learning from the ground up. I've taken some photos of the spindle.
Schacht Navajo Hand Spindle

      On my knitting projects side I have been slowly making progress with my grey scarf, usually it takes me about 45 minutes to work about 2-3 inch with the size knitting needles I am using. Which is size 8 needles and 36 stitches in width. I've completed the gloves and give to a friend in need of a good cycling gloves. I am currently working on a pair of sock now, and happy with my progress. I will post some photos when complete.
        I forgot to mention that I have two sculpture pieces on display at the art, so be free to join along and enjoy the other artists work. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment